- Nominations shall be considered by a Panel of three members of Council, chaired by the Chair of the Academy or his/her nominee, who will make a recommendation to Council.
- The Panel shall meet by teleconference unless all three members live in the same location, to consider nominations.
- The Panel will be serviced by administrative staff of RSNZ who will keep minutes and record any conflicts of interest.
- The Panel shall be empowered to make independent inquiries regarding nominees if necessary.
- In the event of failure to reach agreement, the decision will be made by Council.
Welcome to the membership pages of the Royal Society of New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s national academy of scholars in science, technology and humanities. Our membership connects us at all levels of New Zealand’s society.