Open to Yr13 students only
LIYSF 2013 will explore the future developments in the sciences, with lecture demonstrations, specialist seminars and debates led by a team of scientists and experts and scientific visits. Support will be provided by the Talented School Students Travel award for some of the international travel, accommodation and registration costs. For more information on what is involved in the two week programme please go to www.liysf.org.uk
Open to students in Yr 12 or Yr 13
This is an opportunity for two students who have a passion for astronomy to participate in an international gathering, and experience the advanced space school program at Huntsville, Alabama. You require a passion for astronomy and if you are involved in an astronomy club then this would be an advantage. Support will be provided by the Talented School Students Travel Award to successful students for some of the international travel costs. Accommodation and registration costs are covered by the Space School.
Open to YR12 and Yr13 students
Join 140 high school students from 10 countries with talks on cutting edge research lead by leading scientists for two weeks of amazing experiences. The theme for ISS 2013 is Nanoscience. Support will be provided by the Talented School Students Travel Award to successful students for some international travel and registration costs.
YOUTH ANZAAS (Australia New Zealand Association for Advancement of Science), Tasmania, 8-13 July 2013
Open to Yr12 and Yr13 students
This is an opportunity for up to 5 students to experience a five day programme with Australian students. You will visit top scientific and technological institutions and be in involved in a hand-on programme. Support will be provided by the Talented School Students Travel Award to successful students for some international travel and registration costs.
- Students must either be a New Zealand citizen or have permanent New Zealand residency
- Students who apply should be excellent communicators and have a passion and aptitude for science in general or a particular area of science. Students should at least be studying 2 of the following sciences being Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- Extra curricular science activities may be an advantage.
Please send: 3 copies of your application which must be unstapled and unbound
Each application needs to include:
- Letter of recommendation from the principal and HOD Science.
- Letter from applicant outlining why they think they would make a good candidate for selection.
- A verified copy of NCEA results or equivalent
- Brief CV (please include email address – maximum 2 pages)
- Verified copy of passport or birth certificate
- Application form.
Complete applications must be received by 4.00pm on Tuesday 26th March 2013 and sent to Debbie Woodhall, The Royal Society of New Zealand, PO Box 598, 4 Halswell Street, Wellington. Fax: 04 473 1841, Phone 04 470 5762, Email: Debbie.email@example.com Late applications will not be accepted.