FREESTA is funded by Freemasons New Zealand and administered by the Royal Society of New Zealand. It has been established to support travel and registration costs for Yr12 – Yr13 (as at 2012) secondary school students who have been selected for Hands-on-Science, Dunedin. Each application will be considered on an individual basis.
Criteria for funding
- Students need to have been accepted selected for Hands-on-Science before they apply for funding.
- Students must be a New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency.
- Must have a strong interest and passion for the sciences.
What you need to include in your application
- Testimonial from your principal
- Copy of passport or birth certificate
- Completed application form
- Copies of airline tickets; registration costs
- Letter from yourself outlining the reasons for funding and including the event that you have been selected and why you think you would make a good candidate for funding.
Where do I send my application to?
Please either email your application to Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Debbie Woodhall, Royal Society of New Zealand, PO Box 598, Wellington. Applications need to be received by 23 November 2012.
After your attendance it is expected that you write a one page informal report about your experience at the science event you have attended. You may also be invited by Freemasons New Zealand to a Lodge near you to make a presentation on your experience.
Your report should be sent to Debbie Woodhall, Royal Society of New Zealand, PO Box 598, Wellington.
If you require further information then please contact:
Please contact Debbie Woodhall on 04 470 5762