The Royal Society of New Zealand has opened the call for the 2015/16 Julius von Haast Fellowship Award in conjunction with the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
The Julius von Haast Fellowship allows internationally recognised German researchers to spend time working collaboratively with their New Zealand colleagues, and to establish, or enhance collaborative research of benefit to both countries.
This Fellowship is open to all fields of research including social science, humanities and both traditional and developing sciences. Julius von Haast Fellowships will be awarded upon excellence in research, and upon the benefits for New Zealand research, science and technology.
- The applicant must be a German national or permanent resident with an international reputation as an innovative researcher.
- The applicant must be currently working within the German research/science sector and have been employed for no less than five years (in total) in public or private German research or academic institutions.
- Funding of up to NZ$38,000 per annum is available under this Fellowship.
- The period of the Fellowship will be 3 years to undertake research in New Zealand for a minimum of four weeks per year.
- If successful, the applicant must start the Julius von Haast Fellowship with a visit to their host’s institution prior to 30 June 2016.
For detailed requirements please refer to the Application Guidelines available for download below.
Applications close on Friday 19 June 2015 (NZST) at 5.00pm.
Please submit your completed application to International.Applications@royalsociety.org.nz