- Doug Mountfort, (prev) Cawthron Institute, New Zealand
- Andrea Alfaro, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Joanne Clapcott, Cawthron Institute, New Zealand
- Kendall Clements, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Conrad Pilditch, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Bruce Robertson, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Marc Schallenberg, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Judy Sutherland, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Brian Sorrell, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Craig Stevens, NIWA, New Zealand
- Richard Taylor, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Ross Woods, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
Aims: The diversity of aquatic life in the southern continents and oceans is of worldwide interest to researchers and resource managers in research institutions, museums, and other centres. The New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research plays an important role in disseminating information on field-based, experimental, and theoretical research on the marine, estuarine, and freshwater biology of the region.
Scope of submissions: The New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research is an international journal that publishes original research papers, review papers, short communications, book reviews, letters, and forum articles. We welcome submissions on all aspects of aquatic science in habitats ranging from lakes, streams and wetlands, to rocky shores, fjords and the open ocean. The journal places particular emphasis on Australasia, South America, Antarctica, and the Pacific and Southern oceans. The journal’s subject matter includes ecology, aquaculture, genetics, biodiversity, bioinvasions, physical oceanography, limnology, hydrology, aquatic biotechnology, and aquatic chemistry.
Prospective contributors should consult recent issues of the journal and contact the publishing team to discuss whether a planned submission is appropriate.
- No page charges for publication
- Online iFirst e-before print publication between quarterly issues option
- Open Select option available for open access publication (gold OA)
Electronic and printed issues are published quarterly (B5 format)
Print ISSN: 0028-8330, Online ISSN: 1175-8805
- Read current issue at Taylor and Francis Online
- Subscribe to this Journal at Taylor and Francis Online