Congratulations to Mary Morgan-Richards and her team on receiving the inaugural New Zealand Journal of Zoology prize for science communication in poster form.
Mary’s team received a framed certificate and cheque, presented by the journal’s senior editor, Dr Carolyn (Kim) King.
- Carolyn King, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Jonathan Banks, Cawthron Institute, New Zealand
- Jim Briskie, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Rob Cruickshank, Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Grant Norbury, Landcare Research, New Zealand
- Stuart Parsons, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- James Reardon, Department of Conservation, New Zealand
- Cor Vink, Canterbury Museum, New Zealand
Aims: The diversity of the fauna of the southern continents and oceans is of worldwide interest to researchers in universities, museums, and other centres. The New Zealand Journal of Zoology plays an important role in disseminating information on field-based, experimental, and theoretical research on the zoology of the region.
Scope of submissions: The New Zealand Journal of Zoology publishes original research papers, review papers, short communications, book reviews, letters, and forum articles. We welcome submissions in all fields of zoological science concerning New Zealand, the Pacific Basin, and Antarctica. Particular strengths include conservation biology, insect taxonomy and pest control, but the journal’s subject matter also includes ecology, physiology, pathology, behaviour, genetics, and taxonomy.
Prospective contributors should consult recent issues of the journal and contact the publishing team to discuss whether a planned submission is appropriate.
- No page charges for publication
- Online iFirst e-before print publication between quarterly issues option
- Open Select option available for open access publication (gold OA)
Electronic and printed issues are published quarterly (B5 format)
Print ISSN: 0301-4223, Online ISSN: 1175-8821
- Read current issue at Taylor and Francis Online
- Subscribe to this Journal at Taylor and Francis Online