- Year range:
- The Arts; Material World
- Clothing; Performance
- Participating & Contributing; Thinking
Your challenge is to make an outfit from the materials provided which is as creative as possible, using only the materials we’ve given you. Your outfit must have your team’s name on it somewhere which is easy to read.
The outfits must have a distinctly Aotearoa/New Zealand look!
One person in your team will have to ‘model’ the outfit in the final parade.
Remember: you can roll, cut, tie, fan your newspaper etc, so the creative possibilities are endless!
- A whole newspaper (at least 20 pages if possible)
- 4 sheets of coloured A4 paper
- Felt pens
- 3 m string
- Sticky tape (half to 1 roll will be enough)
- 1 rubber band
- 6 straws
- 1 pair of Scissors (only for construction, not part of the outfit)
You’ll have 25 minutes to work on this challenge
You will be asked to parade your outfits. While you do this you will be judged on:
- If outfit lasts the whole parade and doesn’t fall apart (marked out of 10)
- Creativeness (out of 10)
- “NZ” flavour (out of 10)
- Best performer (out of 10)
Total out of 40
This challenge is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial New Zealand Licence.