This page contains links to external websites. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, the Royal Society of New Zealand cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
Science 360 for ipad:The USA’s National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Science 360 for iPad provides access to science and engineering images and video from around the globe and a news feed featuring breaking news from NSF-funded institutions. Content is either produced by NSF or gathered from scientists, colleges and universities, and NSF science and engineering centers. The app, is a free download.
Why Do We Get Allergies? – Reactions: Learn what causes the allergies that spoil spring for the millions of allergy sufferers who get runny noses, puffy eyes and an itchy throats this time of year.
NZ IceFest : New Zealand’s iconic Antarctic Festival. Celebrating New Zealand’s leadership in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean, and held every second year in Christchurch by the Christchurch City Council, this unique festival is back again from 26th Sept to 12th Oct 2014.The NZ IceFest 2014 Education programme can be done in Terms 2 and 3 and leads up to the festival held over the October School Holidays. The programme includes 3 fun projects (with learning objectives linked to the NZ curriculum). All information is also available online.
Whaleopedia: (), a complete guide to all species of whales, dolphins, and porpoises, with hundreds of photographs, videos, accurate artwork and audio recordings, plus natural history information.
- From the Biotech Learning Hub: Programmable antibiotic ‘smart bomb’;Stressed out cells revert to stem cells
- Why do leaves change colour in autumn?: The days are getting shorter and deciduous trees are turning red, orange, yellow and brown – it must be autumn!
- Flesh-eating water? Acids have a reputation for eating through flesh and metal, but the truth is that plain old water does most of their dirty work for them.
- IcePower! Freezing water in a syringe to measure the expansion
- Recycle RoundUp! Play Recycle Roundup, and see if you can sort out all the trash!
- The Chicken and the Egg Question: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Coastal Field Trip: Travel with LEARNZ on a Coastal field trip (Harbours and estuaries 27-29 May)