Purpose of the Fellowship
An Endeavour Teacher Fellowship has three purposes:
- For teachers to gain new and up-to-date knowledge which will enhance teaching and learning.
- To develop leadership capacity in early and mid career teachers.
- To give teachers the opportunity to experience how science, mathematics and technology are used outside teaching.
To be eligible to apply for an Endeavour Teacher Fellowship, you must:
- Be a fully registered teacher working in a primary or secondary school teaching science, mathematics and/or technology subjects.
- Be permanently employed by a Board of Trustees and teaching in a school in
- Have a project that focuses on sciences, mathematics or technology, and is based in New Zealand. For this purpose The Royal Society considers ‘sciences’ to include the disciplines of biological, conservation, earth, engineering, environmental, medical, and physical sciences, including social sciences.
- Have not been awarded a Teacher Fellowship previously.
- Have taught the New Zealand curriculum for a minimum of five years (at the time of intended commencement of the Fellowship).
- Be a New Zealand Citizen, or the holder of a New Zealand Residency permit.
Closing date for applications
- Applications for terms 3 and 4 2013 are now closed.
- Please download all forms, complete electronically and return as indicated.
Please contact us if you are considering applying either by email email@example.com or phone 04 472 7421.