A two term fellowship designed to create potential science curriculum leaders in the primary sector.
- Develop both personally and professionally in order to confidently take on leadership responsibilities in Science
- Enhance understanding of the Nature of Science
- Enhance awareness and understanding of the applications of Science in the wider community
- Enhance awareness and understanding of potential careers involving Science
- Share enhanced knowledge and positive attitudes to Science with colleagues, students and others in the general community.
To be considered for this fellowship a teacher must be:
- A fully registered primary or intermediate teacher
- In at least the third year of teaching the New Zealand Curriculum
- In permanent employment(full or part time) in a primary or intermediate school (or area or other school if teaching primary aged students)
- Fully supported in the application by the Principal who is willing to make science a focus for the year following the fellowship
- A New Zealand citizen, or holder of a New Zealand residency permit.
Applications are now being accepted for Terms 1 and 2 2014.
Application close on Tuesday 20 August 2013.
Please download each of the following documents, which are to be completed electronically and emailed as attachments to PSTF@royalsociety.org.nz. The Declaration is to be signed and either faxed to 04 473 1841, attention Primary Science Teacher Fellowships or emailed as a PDF.
Please contact RSNZ if you are considering applying either by email at PSTF@royalsociety.org.nz or by phone 04 472 7421.