Explore as a

Share our content

New Fellows day and annual Fellowship meeting 

The annual event to admit the new cohort of Ngā Ahurei a Te Apārangi Fellows, hear short seminars about their research, and learn about the work of the Academy is taking place this year on Rāpare 29 Paenga-whāwhā Thursday 29 April.

Te Hōtaka The Programme

10:15am      Mihi whakatau

11:00am      Kai paramanawa a te ata morning tea

11:30am      Admission of new Fellows

12:30pm      New Fellows Seminars (part 1)

1:30pm        Kai a te rānui lunch

2:00pm        New Fellows Seminars (part 2)

3:30pm        Hui-a-tau Annual Fellows meeting

4:30pm        Whanaungatanga reception meet and great with Society staff, other invited guests and dignitaries.

He Whiwhinga Tohu Admission Ceremony

After the whakatau, new Fellows will have their citations read, and presented with their Fellowship Certificates by the Chair of the Academy Professor Charlotte Macdonald, after which they will be invited to sign the Fellows’ book, and have photos taken. Whānau, families and supporters are most welcome to attend the presentations that follow.

He Whitiwhiti Kōrero Discussions

In the afternoon, there will be the annual Fellowship meeting, with presentations from the Chair of the Academy, Society President, and Chief Executive, along with an opportunity for general discussion and questions.

Ngā Whakaritenga mō te Rā Preparations for the Day

Fellows, whānau and friends are welcome to attend. Please email your RSVP by Monday 2 Poutū-te-rangi April to confirm your and any guests attendance (plus any dietary requirements).

Te Noho i te Pae 1 Living at COVID-19 Level 1

We are currently operating within NZ Government guidelines for COVID-19 level 1, we offer the COVID-19 Tracer scanning at the front entrance, and hand sanitiser stations are around the building. He māuiui if you are feeling unwell please stay at home. Kia mataara be vigilant.

We look forward to seeing you on this wonderful and momentous gathering for the Royal Society Te Apārangi. Nau mai, haere mai i runga i te kaupapa o te rā.

ORGANISATION

Royal Society Te Apārangi

VENUE/DATE

Royal Society Te Apārangi
11 Turnbull Street
Thorndon 6011

10:15am Thu 29 April, 2021 - 6:00pm Thu 29 April, 2021