How to achieve a First CREST
Follow these key steps to achieve a First CREST
- Decide on an interesting topic and start writing a log.
- Talk to your consultant and give them the Consultant brochure from your folder.
- Explore your ideas. Try some activities. Will your project work?
- Decide on your aim, need or oppportunity. You might investigate something interesting, make a new product or to solve a problem that will improve the environment. Start filling in the progress check.
- Plan what you are going to do. Remember to update your log with your plans and ideas.
- Carry out your plan. Change it if you need to and revise it as you go along. Complete the progress check.
- Report interesting aspects of the project to others. Ask your teacher for suggestions.
- Self assess your project using the assessment criteria and discuss your project with your assessor.
- Ask your assessor to sign your CREST booklet and send it to CREST. Prepare to receive your CREST Award.