Applying for Powering Potential
Learn how to apply for Powering Potential!
To attend Powering Potential, Year 12 or Year 13 tauira students who meets the eligibility requirements can apply.
All costs are covered by the programme which is held in Wellington from 13 to 16 December (after breakfast)
Applications will open 7 September 2021.
Each entry must contain the following:
- Application Form.
- Testimonial written by a teacher at your school.
- A one minute video. The judges want to get to know who you are. This is your chance to show us where you’re from and what makes you, you.
When will you be advised if you have been successful
Students will be advised of the decision by 15 October.
Closing date for entries
Entries must be received by Friday 8 October.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Send your entries to:
If you are sending your entries electronically then please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are sending them by mail (please make sure you send at least 5 days before closing date) to Debbie Woodhall, Royal Society Te Apārangi, PO Box 598, Wellington 6140
If you are sending by courier please send to Debbie Woodhall, Royal Society Te Apārangi, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon, Wellington 6011
Powering Potential will take place in Wellington
The event will occur from Monday 13 December to 16 December 2021 (after breakfast)
After Powering Potential
It is always good to give something back. Participants who are selected for this all-expenses-paid event will be expected to spread the word about their experience at Powering Potential. You can decide how you do it but a couple of examples are:
- Making a short video that we can use for promotional purposes and put on the Powering Potential website page.
- Talking to students at your school about your experience.
- Doing something within your community that relates to the Powering Potential theme.