Eligibility for Powering Potential
Eligibility criteria and qualities for students participating in Powering Potential
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must be in Year 12 or Year 13.
- Applicants must have gained an overall merit or excellent standard in NCEA Level 1 or 2 or equivalent.
- Students must be studying at least two science subjects or a combination of science and technology subjects.
- Schools can nominate two students.
Powering Potential will be looking for students who have these qualities
- a passion for science and technology
- like to think outside the box and good at problem solving
- good oral and written communication skills
- ability to work as part of a team
- curiosity, perseverance and resilience
- liked to be challenged.