Guidelines and Eligibility
Following is a list of criteria for the Raewyn Good Study Award. It is not intended that all applicants (graduates) meet all the criteria on this list. Please indicate in your application the relevant bullet points that apply:
- I am of Māori or Pasifika descent or identify as Māori or Pasifika
- I am registered, or planning to register for a Master’s degree in the social sciences in a New Zealand university/polytechnic/wānanga
- I will be undertaking research involving Māori or Pasifika, or vulnerable or hard-to-reach communities, or is a component of a larger piece of community-led research
- I have the support of or linkages to that community
- I am the first in the family (including parents) to undertake tertiary study
- I am returning later in life to study.
Applicants must have social sciences as a significant part of their undergraduate degree. For the purposes of this award, social sciences shall be deemed to mean:
fields of study that may involve more empirical methods to consider society and human behaviour, including (but not limited to) anthropology, archaeology, criminology, economics, education, linguistics, political science and international relations, sociology, geography, law, and psychology.
At the time of application, students must be engaged/enrolled in or applying for a masterate course at a New Zealand university/wānanga which involves undertaking social sciences research.