How to apply
Learn how to apply for the Talented School Students Travel Award
A 2019-TSSTA-Application-for-Funding-Form3.doc must be completed.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or have permanent residency. Proof of this is required to be sent with the application.
- Applicants must have been selected by an organisation to represent New Zealand at an internationally recognised science(s) or technology event
- Applicants must be a intermediate or secondary school student.
- Contribution to activities outside the classroom.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Academic performance in science subjects.
- Ability to be a good ambassador for New Zealand.
What you need to include in your application
- The applicant is required to include a testimonial from their science teacher which must be co-signed by the Principal.
- The applicant is required to include their academic record (either NCEA, IB or Cambridge). For intermediate students a school report is appropriate.
- The applicant must include a letter to the selection panel stating the reason for funding and outlining why they make a good candidate for funding.
- Include a copy of travel itinerary and costs
- Include bank deposit slip or your bank account number
- Include a copy of passport or birth certificate
Eligible activities and costs
Up to 60% of the applicant’s direct costs of travel and event registration will be funded.
Please send a copy of your 2019 TSSTA Application for Funding Form to:
Royal Society of New Zealand
PO Box 598
If sending by courier:
11 Turnbull Street
Fax: 04 473 1841
Phone: 04 470 5762
If you have any queries about making an application for a Talented School Students Travel Award, please email: email@example.com