2020 One Health Aotearoa Symposium
This sixth annual symposia aims to bring together experts from the fields of animal, human and environmental health in order to address important One Health issues in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
In 2020, the 6th symposium will be held at regional hubs in Dunedin (University of Otago), Christchurch (University of Otago, Christchurch), Wellington (University of Otago, Wellington), Palmerston North (Massey University) and Auckland (Massey University Albany) which will be connected together online. Delegates may also choose to attend the event online if they are unable to travel.
Sessions at the sixth One Health Aotearoa Symposium will cover the following themes:
- Environmental and water health
- Mātauranga Māori and mahinga kai
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Endemic zoonotic diseases
- COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases: Clinical research and diagnostics
- COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases: Microbiology and immune response
- COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases: Epidemiology and public health response
Confirmed symposium presenters
- Dr Ashley Bloomfield (Ministry of Health)
- Professor Eddie Holmes (University of Sydney)
- Professor Ruth Zadoks (University of Sydney)
- Associate Professor Matire Harwood (University of Auckland)
- Dr Orin Levine (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)
Early bird registration closes on 30 September 2020.
One Health Aotearoa
9:30am Tue 8 December, 2020 - 4:30pm Wed 9 December, 2020