Forum "Math-for-Industry" 2019 | Auckland
The theme for this year’s Forum is “Mathematics for the Primary Industries and the Environment".
The Forum “Math-for-Industry” is an annual event run under the auspices of the Asia-Pacific Consortium of Mathematics for Industry (APCMfI). Earlier, the Forum was run by the Institute for Mathematics for Industry (IMI) at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan. More recently, since APCMfI was formed in 2015, the meetings have been held around the Asia-Pacific region. This year is New Zealand’s turn and it will take place at the Albany campus. Previous meetings have been held in Fukuoka (Japan), Hawai’I, Brisbane and Shanghai. Each Forum has a theme appropriate for each host country.
New Zealand speakers for 2019
- Mike Plank (University of Canterbury)
- Tammy Lynch (Massey University)
- Tanya Soboleva (Ministry of Primary Industries)
- Conrad Edwards (Transpower)
- Lisa Thomasen (Fonterra)
- Tony Pleasants (Al Rae Centre - Massey University)
- Brent Clothier (Plant & Food Research)
- Nick Long (Robinson Research Institute - Victoria University of Wellington)
- Aroon Parshotam (Aquilinc Research Limited)
- Mark McGuinness (Victoria University of Wellington) and John Burnell (GNS Science)
Plus many more from the Asia-Pacific region.
About the conference
Registration is free for members of the Asia-Pacific Consortium of Mathematics for Industry (APCMfI), or for the cost of membership for those who are not currently members. Details of the programme and registration may be found on the website. There is a poster session, and all postgrads are encouraged to take part (the posters do not have to be directly on the theme of the the 2019 Forum). If you want to attend, please register through the website. There will be a (free) welcome party for registrants on the Monday afternoon.
Note that there will be a Dinner Cruise on the Waitemata Harbour on the Wednesday evening - this is the only cost: $80, but numbers are limited.
Please email the Chair of the Organising Committee, Robert McKibbin if you have any questions.
Previous New Zealand participants (as Invited Speakers)
- 2011 Honolulu: Boris Pavlov
- 2012 Fukuoka: Robert McKibbin
- 2013 Fukuoka: Graeme Wake, Winston Sweatman
- 2014 Fukuoka: Luke Fullard
- 2015 Fukuoka: Gaven Martin, Graham Weir, Taehyun Rhee
- 2016 Brisbane: Mick Roberts, Jo Simpson, Alona Ben-Tal
- 2017 Honolulu: Rosalind Archer
- 2018 Shanghai: Eric Ulm
Massey University East Precinct, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand
9:30am Mon 18 November, 2019 - 4:30pm Thu 21 November, 2019