Your place, your data: 2018 Census regional tour
Stats NZ is holding free information seminars about your community in March and April 2020.
Find out about results from the 2018 Census – what's happening at local and national levels, what is known about our population and how it's changing, and how to access this information on the Stats NZ website.
What the seminars will cover
These seminars are targeted at professional and community-based users who have some understanding of data use and the value of census data.
The seminars will
- provide a broad overview of the census
- discuss interesting trends at local and national levels, showcasing the place summaries tool
- talk about the quality of 2018 Census data and changes from previous census datasets
- explain what information is available from the 2018 Census
- provide an update on progress of the next census.
You will learn how to
- navigate to key 2018 Census content on our website
- access information about your local area, using the place summaries tool
- understand metadata and data quality and use data appropriately
- use Stat NZ tools and services to increase your confidence with data.
9:00am Mon 2 March, 2020 - 9:00am Fri 10 April, 2020