Our current Strategic Plan covers 2018–2021. It sets out our vision, values, strategic objectives and themes for driving change.
An Aotearoa New Zealand enriched by exploring, discovering and sharing knowledge.
- Open and inclusive
- Better inform and educate Aotearoa New Zealand
- Provide relevant and influential expert advice
- Recognise all forms of excellence in research, scholarship and innovation
- Advance research and scholarly practice
- Develop an increasingly diverse Academy and membership
- Evolve as a progressive, smart and responsive organisation
Themes for driving change
- Embracing diversity in all we do
- Partnering with Māori research communities to enhance Māori research, Māori researchers and Mātauranga Māori
- Engaging early and mid-career researchers and scholars
- Engaging the innovation community
- Reshaping our governance
- Diversifying our income