Kaitohutohu Ārahi Executive Management Advisor
Royal Society Te Apārangi is looking for an expereinced Kaitohutohu Ārahi Executive Management Advisor - a new role in a high performing Communications and Outreach Team. Is this mahi for you?
Te Whare About Us
Royal Society Te Apārangi is an independent statutory organisation that advances and promotes the humanities, mātaruanga, science and technology in Aotearoa New Zealand through research funding, expert advice, community outreach engagement and rewarding and acknowledging excellence.
We are an organisation of about 48 kaimahi staff, based in Thorndon, Wellington.
This full time role that reports to and supports Te Tumu Tūhonohono Director of Communications and Outreach.
Pūtake Tūranga Role Purpose
As an experienced kaitohutohu advisor you will be a solutions finder with common sense, be able to provide a high level pro-active management, comprehensive and quality executive and projects support to Te Tumu Tūhonohono enabling them to undertake their role effectively and efficiently, with project supervision and support for the team and where needed other key kaimahi staff in the Society. This is an exciting new role within a new structure in the organisation.
- be a clear communicator and an attentive listener, quick to comprehend information
- be confidential and discrete
- has an understanding and confidence to whakatinana āhuatanga Māori
- act as the point of contact between the Director and internal or external stakeholders, always being respectful showing manaaki to all those you engage with at all levels
- have experience in delivering large national and regional wānanga, hui and events
- assist with environmental scanning and intelligence gathering
- have a very high level of project planning, coordination and implementation to agreed time and budgets
- work with other team members and business areas to achieve an integrated delivery approach.
Knowledge of Royal Society Te Apārangi and government mechanics would also be helpful
Te Mahi Job Description
You must be a New Zealand citizen or resident eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please submit a CV and covering letter of no more than 4 pages combined to email@example.com by 10.00am Tuesday 26 January 2021.
He pātai any questions? Whakapā mai contact Tarah Nikora Tumu Tūhonohono Director Communications and Outreach on +64 27 449 5259 for more information. Is this mahi for you?