Teachers in Industry visit to T & G Global
Tuesday | 18 July 2017
This visit will involve a tour through one of the Under Cover Crops facilities on Harrisville Road (approx 1.5 hours), followed by a 30 minute presentation providing insight into the Logistics & Warehousing facilities and related career and training opportunities.
T&G Global (originally Turners and Growers) started over 120 years ago. They are now a truly global business that produces some of the world's safest fresh fruit and vegetables.
T&G is the largest tomato grower and marketer in New Zealand. With over 28ha of state of the art glasshouse facilities.
CURRICULUM LINKS may include:
- Nature of Science : Participating and Contributing
- Living Worlds: Life Process
- Nature of Technology: Characteristics of Technology
- Technological Practice: Planning for practice
- Agricultural and Horticultural Science | Plant Production; Agribusiness
- Business Studies
- Education for Sustainability
- Mathematics and statistics | Number and Algebra; Measurement; Statistics; Levels 1-3
- Science | Living World: Life Process, Ecology; Nature of Science : Participating and Contributing; 1.4; 1.9; 1.10
- Technology | Technological Practice; Technological Knowledge; Nature of Technology; Construction and Mechanical Technologies; Processing Technologies
- Sustainability practices
- Equipment & engineering
T & G Global
153 Harrisville Road, Tuakau
10:00am Tue 18 July, 2017 - 12:00pm Tue 18 July, 2017