How to apply
Learn how to apply for the Skinner Fund
To apply to the Fund, please provide:
- a covering letter;
- current CV;
- an outline of your proposed research, including methodology (no more than 2 A4 pages);
- references for literature cited; and
- likely outcomes and a budget.
- If there is organisational/iwi support for the research, please provide evidence of this support.
- If permission for archaeological research, such as from Heritage New Zealand, is required, the provision of this permission should also be provided, either at time of application, or before receipt of award
If you are a student, please provide the name of your supervisor, and your background experience relevant to the research you are intending to carry out.
The amount available for distribution from the fund is not large and grants of about $1,000 per application will be allocated. The budget should also be used for the purposes of research, rather than living costs.
Every recipient of a grant from the fund shall report to Royal Society Te Apārangi before 30 June in the year after the grant was made, showing in a general way how the grant was spent and the progress made with the research.
The results of research aided by grants from the fund, shall, where possible, be published in New Zealand, with due acknowledgement of the source of financial assistance, and one copy of any report stemming from such research shall be sent to the Society.
We prefer to receive the application electronically. Please email the electronic copy to: email@example.com.
In circumstances where you’re unable to submit your application electronically, applications should be addressed to:
Academy Executive Officer
Royal Society Te Apārangi
PO Box 598
If you have any queries about making an application for a grant from the Hutton Fund please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
· contact information
· nomination/application information
We collect your personal information in order to:
· communicate with you
· assess the nomination
· monitor the diversity of applications
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter nomination details, we'll be unable to assess the nomination.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or 044727421, or PO Box 598, Wellington, 6140.