How to nominate
How to nominate someone for the Thomson Medal.
Nominations may be made by any person. The Royal Society Te Apārangi’s Academy Executive Committee reserves the right to decline any nomination.
An online Nomination must be completed.
Nominations are to include one set of the following:
- One sentence citation of not more than 25 words, describing the achievement, which may be used for publicity purposes;
- Nomination summary of not more than 100 words, that clearly explains their research/contribution to the understanding of their field to a non-specialist;
- Nomination statement of no more than 500 words highlighting contributions to the organisation, support, and application of science and/or technology;
- Supporting documents
- Curriculum vitae of nominee;
- Collated key evidence (e.g. key publications or other evidence of contributions to the organisation, support, and application of science and/or technology);
- Two references (to be arranged by the nominator), at least one from outside the nominee’s institution.
Please note, if applicable:
Publications should include the names of all authors (Initials and Surname) and the full title of the journal in which a paper is published. Abbreviations should not be used.
Please also review general criteria that apply to all Royal Society Te Apārangi medals and awards.