Hosting international conferences in New Zealand
- Tourism New Zealand support for helping New Zealanders bid to host international conferences in New Zealand.
- Letter of support from Royal Society Te Apārangi
Tourism New Zealand support for helping New Zealanders bid to host international conferences in New Zealand
Tourism New Zealand’s Conference Assistance Programme (CAP) is available to any internationally-affiliated association or organisation that wants to bid to host an international conference in New Zealand.
The value of each award shall be decided by Tourism New Zealand. Minimum funding is $15,000 rising to over $100,000 for large conventions. The funding support includes:
- A full financial feasibility to ensure that it is viable to host the Conference in New Zealand
- The production of a world class bid document and presentation to present to the international committee
- Full cost of an economy return airfare, registration, accommodation and food costs when attending an international conference to officially propose New Zealand as a future host
- A delegate marketing fund and marketing plan to ensure good delegate numbers are achieved
- Applications will only be considered when over 200 international delegates are expected to attend.
- To gain full value of the support, applications should be made when first considering hosting an international conference
Additional Information and Applications form
More information can be found on the Tourism New Zealand website: https://businessevents.newzealand.com/en/help-and-support/bid-assistance/
To apply, complete the link below:
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com
Royal Society Te Apārangi issues letters to support bids for holding international research or scholarly conferences in New Zealand if the bringing of the proposed conference will be beneficial to a research or scholarly sector within New Zealand, and is likely to attract leaders in the field to this country. We do not provide financial support for bids, nor contribute as a financial sponsor.
For more information, please contact: International.Applications@royalsociety.org.nz