How to nominate
Learn how to nominate someone for the Hector Medal.
Nominations may be made by any person. The Royal Society Te Apārangi’s Academy Executive Committee reserves the right to decline any nomination.
An online Nomination must be completed.
Nominations are to include one set of the following:
- One sentence citation of not more than 25 words, describing their work, which may be used for publicity purposes;
- Nomination summary of not more than 100 words, that clearly explains their contributions to research, to a non-specialist;
- Nomination statement of no more than 500 words highlighting their contributions to chemical sciences, physical sciences or mathematical and information sciences;
- Supporting documents
- Curriculum vitae of nominee;
- Two references (to be arranged by the nominator), at least one from outside the nominee’s institution.
Publications should include the names of all authors (Initials and Surname) and the full title of the journal in which a paper is published. Abbreviations should not be used.
“Working within New Zealand” includes all those who were employed in New Zealand for more than 50% of the time during which they performed the work that is being considered in making the award; and/or all those who were resident in New Zealand during that time.
Please also review general criteria that apply to all Royal Society Te Apārangi medals and awards.