New Zealand ORCID Consortium Resources
Resources for consortium members.
Information for new consortium members
Our consortium information handbook for new members tells you all you need to know about the NZ ORCID Hub, what you need for formulating an ORCID communications strategy at your organisation and where to find the information that you need. Induction information for new consortium members
Common Systems with ORCID Integrations
Some of the most common repository, publishing and CRIS systems which have the capability for ORCID integration are outlined on our information page. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Several consortium members have generously agreed to share their ORCID related materials. If you wish to use any of the following please contact the relevant person. Contact us for email addresses.
Plant and Food Research.Michele Napier has generously shared their ORCID engagement strategy (November 2017)
University of Otago.Shiobhan Smith has agreed to share the following (Jan 2018):
Research Support Unit's ORCID at Otago communications plan
Vox Pop videos - interviews with researchers at Otago talking about ORCID
Full length videos of interviews with researchers at Otago talking about ORCID
Recipe-for-an-ORCID-themed-final.pdf How to make videos of researchers talking about ORCID
Royal Society Te Apārangi
We have adapted some ORCID resources for University of Otago Contact us if you want some tailored to your organisation.
- Bookmark design for placement into reserved library books BookmarkBackFinalOtago.pdf BookmarkFrontFinalOtago.pdf
- Banner for library display banner-1-2-3-UniOtago.pdf banner-register-Uni-Otago.pdf
- ORCID Hub pen ORCID-Hub-pen-design.pdf
- Screen wallpaper for computers ORCID wallpaper text and QR 1920-1201 (6006 x 3759) pixels
- The recording of our own consortium Town Hall event, held on 11th April 2019 is available (1 hour long) at https://royalsociety.org.nz/orcid-in-new-zealand/orcid-in-new-zealand-news/nz-orcid-consortium-town-hall-event/
- We hosted a meeting on 23rd August 2019 to discuss ORCID and Māori data sovereignty. The minutes of this meeting are here: Minutes-ORCID-and-data-within-a-Maori-context.pdf
- We presented at the online 2020 ITP Research Symposium. Slides from that are available here.
Victoria University of Wellington.Matt Plummer and Katie Wilson share their powerpoint presentation on the ORCID experience at VUW (Sept 2017) ORCID-VUW2.pptx
Manaaki Whenua - Landcare ResearchAaron McGlinchy has generously shared their experience of using the NZ ORCID Hub to write to the ORCID records of their staff, and is willing to share the wording of the pre-Hub communication emails that they sent out, if asked. Manaaki-Whenuas-NZ-ORCID-Hub-experience.pdf
- Finding ORCID record holders at your institution: Want to know who's using ORCID iDs at your institution? Start here. This will give you some sample API searches you can use to find out who's asserted on their record that they are affiliated with your institution, as well as a form to learn how many records are associated with your institution's email domain(s).
- Reading your premium member report: Premium members receive a customized report each month on their active integration(s).
- ORCID hosts frequent webinars to help support members of the ORCID community.Details of upcoming webinars are announced in ORCID's monthly newsletters.
Best practice communications about ORCID
- Outreach resources: To get the word out about ORCID and to support your outreach efforts, ORCID provide a variety of print and electronic resources, including: flyers; banners; slides; and, adaptable text.
Slides from ORCID consortium meeting pre ARMS 2017 conference
Laurel Haak: slides from 2017 consortium meeting on figshare (ORCID executive director) https://doi.org/10.23640/07243.5450182.v1
Emma Richardson: slide on an ORCID outreach project at University of Auckland ORCID-UnivAuckland.pptx
Matt Plummer and Katie Wilson: slides on the ORCID experience at Victoria University of Wellington ORCID-VUW.pptx
- Digital files of the creation of promotional material, e.g., personalised ORCID iD mugs, are available on request. Please contact the Society with your intended use, and we'll endeavour to assist you.
Resources for developers
- API documentation: All the documentation that you need to build your own custom integration using ORCID's APIs can be found starting here.
- Code examples: Provided by the ORCID community and spanning a variety of languages and use cases.
- Join ORCID API Users: A Google Group of discussions and questions on the API with ORCID support and active developers; a key source for news about the API.