Checklist for full proposals (Fast-Start and Standard)
A final checklist when submitting a full proposal through the application portal.
- Check your title.
- Check the PI(s) and AI(s) have been correctly brought across from the EOI round to the full round for you. If you require changes to the AI and PI section, apart from contact details, you will need to contact the Marsden Fund office for approval (approvals will only be given in extreme circumstances).
- Use the Preview/Print to check the Summary page and ensure the summary is a maximum of 200 words. Remove any unnecessary hard returns in the web entry that prevent the Summary from occupying the whole width of the page.
- The proposal section – sections 3A-3E, and 3F-3H:
- The A4 page layout and 2 cm margins remain unaltered (using a 12 point font, Times or similar and single line-spacing).
- Remove the instructions preceding each section (small 10 point type under the headings of the various sectons).
- Ensure the background (3A), overall aims (3B) and proposed research (3C) are no more than 5 pages in total if no Vision Mātauranga theme has been identified; or no more than 6 pages including 3D if one or more VM themes have been identified.
- The statement of Vision Mātauranga (section 3D) is part of the 3A-3E template.
- Ensure there are no more than four pages of references (Section 3E).
- Ensure the timetable (section 3F), roles and resources (3G) and ethical and regulatory obligations (3H) do not exceed two pages for these three sections combined.
- Check the FTE table (section 4) representing the contribution of your research team and the roles and resources section (3F) giving a clear statement on the role each researcher will have. Small changes in the FTE values do not require Marsden Fund approval.
- The CVs for the applicants are the same as those submitted in the preliminary round. You can update these if needed by uploading a more recent CV (section 5).
- The uploaded budget document (sections 6-7) should not exceed two pages.
- Ensure your other funding (section 8) has been completed and the declaration page has been ticked (section 9).
- for Fast-Start PIs, ensure that the status page (section 10) has been signed and sent to your institution coordinator. This will be forwarded to the Marsden Fund by your coordinator.
- Please preview/print the document to generate a PDF and check that everything is in order and as you expect it to be read, and that all documents have been uploaded correctly.
- Some applicants wish to insert special characters in the web text boxes. Information on doing this is given below.
- For a quick check of what you need to do, check the "Status of Proposal" section. This will flag anything that has not yet been completed.
- Once you have marked the proposal as “Complete” then if further changes are necessary, you will need to consult your research institution coordinator.