Checklist for EOIs (Fast-Start and Standard)
A final checklist when submitting an EOI through the application portal.
In general, the "Status of Application" button (left hand menu) is a very useful tool to check progress of your application.
- Check your title and the panel you are applying for. Are these both correct?
- Have you supplied some keywords of phrases for your proposal under ‘Fields of Research’?
- Have you completed the Fields of Research (FOR) codes?
- Have you completed the SEO codes and supplied some keywords associated with those?
- Check the Summary page and ensure the summary is a maximum of 100 words. Remove any unnecessary hard returns in the web entry that prevent the Summary from occupying the whole width of the page.
- Contact PIs: Check that you have completed the "Researcher" section of your application and have ticked off the "Terms and Conditions" section here, as well as each application that you are named in (at top of personal Ts and Cs page).
- Check that you have emailed all other named investigators their URL so that they can log in and complete their details. If you have, the "Portal ID" and "Emailed" fields for other investigators will be filled in with an ID and a date. If you haven't, the date field will be blank.
- For the uploaded sections 3A-3C:
- The A4 page layout and 2 cm margins remain unaltered (using a 12 point font, Times or similar and single line-spacing).
- Remove the instructions preceding each section (small 10 point type under the headings of the various sections).
- Ensure the one-page background is in fact only one page long (Section 3A).
- Ensure there are no more than three pages of references (Section 3B).
- Ensure the Roles and Resources (Section 3C) does not exceed one page.
- Check that the CVs for all named applicants (Section 5) have been uploaded correctly.
- Check the FTE table (Section 4) has been completed for all researchers, including those who are based overseas.
- Ensure that the declaration page has been signed and ticked.
- Please print/preview, or print out the document and check that everything is in order and as you expect it to be read, and that all documents have been uploaded correctly.
- Some applicants wish to insert special characters in the web text boxes. Information on doing this is given in the Instructions, available from the left hand menu of the on-line proposal.
- Once you have marked the proposal as “Completed” then if further changes are necessary, you will need to consult your research institution coordinator.