How to nominate
How to nominate someone for the Scott Medal.
Nominations must be loaded onto the Medals and Awards web portal. Please email the Academy (email@example.com) if you wish to submit a new nomination and you will be provided with a URL to access the web portal.
Nominations are to include one set of the following:
- One sentence citation of not more than 25 words, describing their work, which may be used for publicity purposes;
- Nomination summary of not more than 100 words, that clearly explains their research contribution to a non-specialist;
- Nomination statement of no more than 500 words highlighting their contributions to chemical, civil, environmental, forestry, agricultural and resource engineering; electrical, electronic, information and mechanical engineering; technologies associated with biological, food, natural products processing (meat, wool, dairy, skin etc) or medical practice technologies;
- Supporting documents
- Curriculum vitae of nominee;
- Two references (to be arranged by the nominator), at least one from outside the nominee’s institution.
Publications should include the names of all authors (Initials and Surname) and the full title of the journal in which a paper is published. Abbreviations should not be used.
“Working within New Zealand” includes all those who were employed in New Zealand for more than 50% of the time during which they performed the work that is being considered in making the award; and/or all those who were resident in New Zealand during that time.
Please also review general criteria that apply to all Royal Society Te Apārangi medals and awards.