How to nominate
How to nominate someone for the Scott Medal.
Nominations must be loaded onto the Medals and Awards web portal. Please email the Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to submit a new nomination and you will be provided with a URL to access the web portal.
Nominations are to include one set of the following:
- One sentence citation of not more than 25 words, describing their work, which may be used for publicity purposes;
- Nomination summary of not more than 100 words, that clearly explains their research contribution to a non-specialist;
- Nomination statement of no more than 500 words highlighting their contributions to chemical, civil, environmental, forestry, agricultural and resource engineering; electrical, electronic, information and mechanical engineering; technologies associated with biological, food, natural products processing (meat, wool, dairy, skin etc) or medical practice technologies;
- Supporting documents
- Curriculum vitae of nominee;
- Two references (to be arranged by the nominator), at least one from outside the nominee’s institution.
- Publications should include the names of all authors (Initials and Surname) and the full title of the journal in which a paper is published. Abbreviations should not be used.
- “Working within New Zealand” includes all those who were employed in New Zealand for more than 50% of the time during which they performed the work that is being considered in making the award; and/or all those who were resident in New Zealand during that time.
Please also review general criteria that apply to all Royal Society Te Apārangi medals and awards.