Current open call
Catalyst: Seeding Kohi-tātea January 2024 Call is now open.
On behalf of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Royal Society Te Apārangi has opened the Kohi-tātea January 2024 Call for Catalyst: Seeding. Catalyst: Seeding facilitates new small to medium pre-research strategic partnerships with international partners that cannot be supported through other means, and with a view to developing full collaborations that could be supported through other research funding mechanisms, including those administered by the Ministry.
To keep the success rate for Catalyst: Seeding General applications high in response to an expected increase in applications, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has increased their funding for Catalyst: Seeding by $1.045 million for the 2023-2024 financial year. A total of $3.045 million is available for investment through Catalyst: Seeding in the financial year.
For detailed information on open funding opportunities, please refer to the Catalyst Seeding Guidelines available below.
Travel, research expenses, expenses related to hosting workshops
Up to $80,000 in total for up to two years
- The Proposal must be made by a New Zealand-based research organisation or a New Zealand-based legal entity representing a research organisation, unless otherwise agreed by the Society.
Applications to all programmes are now open.
Closing Date: Thursday 18 Paenga-whāwhā April 2024, 12:00pm Noon (NZST).
Submit an Application
- Applications to all programmes must be made to the Royal Society Te Apārangi via the Catalyst: Portal, please contact your Research Office for a URL Link to the Catalyst: Portal.
- Templates are available for downloading via the Catalyst: Portal, please contact your Research Office for a URL Link to the Catalyst: Portal.
- Catalyst Seeding Guidelines
- For inquiries, please contact International.Applications@royalsociety.org.nz