150 Years of Discovery: Emerging Research video competition
New Zealand's early career researchers and postgraduate students are invited to enter this video competition to showcase their discoveries and insights as part of celebrating 150 Years of Discovery.
The Royal Society Te Apārangi Early Career Researcher Forum invites New Zealand’s ECRs and postgraduate students to celebrate and share their research, innovations, discoveries and insights through this year's '150 Years of Discovery: Emerging Research' video competition.
This competition offers early career researchers a unique opportunity to showcase their discoveries and insights in a short video and sharing it with the public.
With the generous support of our sponsors three winners will be selected for two categories: one winner for the Future Leader Award, which will be decided by an expert panel, and two winners for the Peoples Choice Award, which will be decided by public voting. The winners of both prizes will each receive a cash prize in support of their research.
The winner of the Future Leader Award will also be sponsored to attend the Royal Society Te Apārangi's annual gala dinner, the New Zealand Research Honours, on 10 October 2017, where their video will be shown and their prize will be awarded.
Submissions are now OPEN!
What you need to know
- The competition is open to all New Zealand-based early career researchers, from postgraduate students up to 10 years post-PhD, in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
- Cash prizes of $4,000 for the Future Leader Award and $3,000 for first place in the People's Choice Award
- Closing deadline for submissions is 8 September 2017 (New Zealand Standard Time).
- The voting period is from 9 September 2017 to 15 September 2017.
- The voting period concludes at midnight on 15 September 2017 (New Zealand Standard time).
All winners will be announced on 18 September 2017.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, using the handle @RSNZECR.
Good luck, and we look forward to seeing your video!
Grateful thanks to our sponsors: